Saturday, August 11, 2012

Digits

I went out to the club last night and I'm so absurdly jazzed.

I was drinking and sitting at the bar.  At one point I got up to go to the restroom and ran into a guy who was asking if I remembered him.  He had waited on my mom, step father and I like 3 weeks ago. He could tell me my shirt, my phone (which we discussed that day), and remembered how many were in may party.

I'm going to specifically ask you this, Sam, have you ever remembered all that from someone you ran into three weeks prior?  Could I really have made that big of an impression?

I kinda tried some under the RADAR flirting with him that day.  He's not really my type, but I was positive he was in the family and I was being a little playful just to be playful.  I was trying to make sure my mom and step dad didn't pick up on it though.

That has solidified the fact that I need to tell my mom I'm gay.  I was already planning to do it this week, but that was another push.  I don't want to have to tiptop around things at one of the restaurants we got to together.

That wasn't the biggest news of the night though.  As I was getting ready to leave one of the staff members started to talk with me.

He asked if I was on Adam4Adam. "No"
He said it was because he thought I looked like a guy on there with the longer hair and all.
He asked if I was new.  "I'm recently out."
He asked how old.  "33."
He asked if I had been married.  "No"
He asked if I was going to be there tomorrow. "I think so."
We chatted a little bit more.  He did more of it telling me about how he first knew he was gay.  It was a kind of funny story.

The lights came up for last call.  He went over and came back with a napkin and handed it to me.  Told me to text him or Facebook friend him.  I was overjoyed.  It had is name and number on it.  It still smells of marker and is sitting right next to me as I type this.

I think he's kinda cute.  In my drunken state last night I described him as really cute.

So now I'm going to go shopping with my work friend (who I thankfully told yesterday I was gay). I need a new outfit similar, but different from what I wore last night, because I like that look.  I want it to go with my sexy red shoes though. :)

I did leave the club shaking and crying a little last night, but it was because something truly amazing happened that I just never in a million years expected to happen that night.

I went online and got a couple things I found and wanted and a reward to myself.  I'm going to have to stop doing that kind of rewarding though because I'm beginning to become a bit of a shopaholic. :)

Damn.  I'm actually doing this.  I'm actually stepping out into the dating world.  I may be reading too much into the name and number thing.  This guy has a lot of Facebook friends (I know I stalked him), but if he's even just a new friend that works there and can help me get to know some people that's great.

Like I said yesterday.  I'm a kind, good and lovable person.  I know he'll see that and it can only mean good things for me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (as I'm sure you have grasped I'm working backwards)

    In answer to your direct address, it is more unusual that a waiter will engage in an in-depth discussion with you, at a table, if you arent flirting. I've been a waiter and unless its the kind of place where there is no todo list or he is the only person working, I'd say he was putting in effort to make a connection with you. Doesn't neessarily mean flirting on this front, but I think you have to learn to trust your instinct, theres a lot more going on than just the words.

    He obviously found you memorable. ;)

    Needless to say, in regards to cutie, if you feel you are interested in contacting him. Then do it! Going on dates could be the next step, especially if you could get on peer to peer before. If you do I'd suggest something casual, like meeting up for a drink at a bar; nothing too heavy - one on one meals are nice, but sometimes can be too built up and intense! hehe

    you're right, regardless of his role in your life, if you have some kind of connection I think it would be good to meet up again!

    Good luck; whatever you decide!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete