Sunday, June 10, 2012

Getting First Appointment Jitters

Eventually I will go a day without posting I swear.  Since the blog is getting zero hits I don't thinks that really matters though. :)

I'm starting to get a little nervous about my impending first session this week.  I'm not quite sure why.  I thought about telling my brother, mother, or a good friend at work about me starting therapy, but I just couldn't do it when I was with them.  I'm not afraid of them asking me why--although I'd never give them the full reasons--and I don't think it's a bad thing that I'm going to start.

I just think some part of me wants to keep it private for now.  I hope it's not because deep down I wander if it will help.

I'm terrible because I psycho-analyse myself.  I've been doing it for a long, long time (probably about as long as I should have been in therapy).

I do know one thing for sure I don't think I'm going to tell the doctor how to find this blog right away.  I may mention it to them as something I'm doing, but I'm not quite sure how much I'm going to feel comfortable laying out on the table this week.

I had told the doctor that referred me and the therapist that my reasons were to help finish up my weight loss, and that is true because I feel that my relationship (or lack of one), self view, questioning of my sexuality, social issues, and depression are all factors that are causing me to slip up in my attempt to complete my weight loss goals.

I'm beginning to worry that I'm going to be the scared puppy version of me.  The person who just sits there and either doesn't say much or says what he thinks the other person wants to hear.  I'm going to try to fight doing that though because there's no way I can get help if I don't let them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment